Thursday, February 27, 2014

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

I just entered the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest.

I've been thinking about doing it since last year, and now I've finally done it...me and 9,999 other people. Now I'm wondering why I even bothered. That's 10,000 of us, which means I have a 1/10,000 chance of winning...I might as well pull the sheets off my bed and try parachuting out my window. I'd probably have an equal chance of success.

But, after all, what can I lose? It's free and the rewords are very exciting for the person who happens to squeak through and win.

There's still time to enter, if you're interested. The contest closes March 2, or whenever the 10,000th eligible entry is accepted (which could be any second).

If you want to enter, you will need:


  1. A CreateSpace account.
  2. An original, fictional novel manuscript between 50,000 words and 125,000 words
  3. The first 3,000-5,000 words of that manuscript
  4. The complete rights to that manuscript (it could be self published, but you cannot have signed a contract with a publisher).
  5. A pitch (which is basically 300 words marketing your story to the judges)
Happy writing...or not; maybe you're not all as crazy as I am. ;)

~Psyche

PS: I wrote a limerick...yeah, I know it's bad, but everyone was writing one on the contest forum. Here goes:

I came across an Amazon contest
(You can probably guess the rest)
My sanity I forsook
And entered my book
And now I'm expiring from stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment